Monday, February 27, 2012

More Chair Care

Another chair project...
This guy has been sitting in the barn, just waiting for some attention.  It actually sat in our garage at the old house for about 7 years!
 
In fact, here's a photo of it in the barn  --->
(along with several friends!)






I love the carving on the chair back, but I needed to replace the material, and glue the bottom rungs back together, and somehow never got around to it- until now!

One of my favorite parts is taking the seat off, and seeing the past lives of upholstery.
The top striped fabric was faded & dirty 
Second layer was this tapestry material


While the top was off, I took some wood glue and secured the rungs.


There was also a crack on the corner (I think it fell during the move!) that I needed to secure.


We used a screw on the inside, so it shouldn't be noticeable. --->




Here we are all cleaned up and waiting for the seat.




This is the material I found- on sale for $3.00/yard!
It's tan & sage green, which will go perfectly when this becomes the formal living room.




Anyways, I got out the staple gun and got to work...








Here's the completed project:
I think I'm going to pair this chair with my desk, since I currently don't have a chair for it.
I love when things (finally) come together!

No comments:

Post a Comment