While unpacking winter clothes last weekend, I came across this little wool tank...
![]() |
| I love the bead work |
Inspired by some pillows that Lynn at UpCountry Olio made (here),
I thought this could be turned into a throw pillow for the bedroom.
So, I grabbed this plain spare pillow, to use as my base/stuffing.
It fit perfectly inside the tank.
After trimming off the excess material at the top & bottom,
I quickly stitched it up by hand, with some dark gray thread...
(read: still intimidated by the sewing machine!)
Since the material was "fuzzy", the stitches are really hidden well, so I didn't even have to fret too much about making them exactly even.
It took a total of about 20 minutes!

Love your pillow project. Been wanting to make one. I posted http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2012/11/reversible-holiday-note-board.html to the lovely party:)
ReplyDeleteI love this pillow! It looks so great with the rest of your bedding. Thanks for sharing at Handmade Christmas 2012 http://www.schneiderpeeps.com/2012/11/handmade-christmas-2012-repurposed-and.html
ReplyDelete